The latest equipment acquisition for their River Metals operation in the Louisville Kentucky operation is a 1000 Series, Model 7317B rail mounted E-Crane with 104’ reach and 15 tons lift capacity feeding the world’s largest 3,000 Ton Henschel scrap shear.
This E-Crane replaces several conventional material handlers and offers the following advantages:
- Flexibility and versatility: the primary duty for the E-Crane is to feed the big Henschel shear. However between shear cycles, the E-Crane unloads trucks, sorts and stockpiles sheared material. In addition to a 4 tine scrap grapple, the E-Crane is also magnet equipped for greater versatility.
- High Energy efficiency: the unique E-Crane pivoting counterweight and direct mechanical connection to the stick assures the E-Crane remains in a near balanced condition throughout its range of motion… hence the name “Equilibrium Crane”. The E-Crane is electric powered and has a lower energy consumption per ton than any other material handler.
- Clean, electric power: no oil changes, fuel spills and all the other disadvantages of material handlers with internal combustion engines. This translates also into:
- Low Maintenance Costs: lower overall maintenance costs and exceptional useful life result in low costs per processed ton.
- Excellent visibility: the E-Crane offers outstanding visibility due to the height of the crane. RMR’s operators could not see into the feeding box of the shear before the E-Crane. With the E-Crane they can observe the shear while operating in air conditioned comfort – a great advantage and safety feature.